Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone black out but it still vibrating and still ringing when someone gives me a call. I was about to open my facebook application and it did not open I even tried to open instagram and it did not open

I was trying to open my facebook application but it is not opening, so I tried to open my instagram application but still it did not open also. I decided to lock my phone for a while since I guess the applications might have crashed. When I was trying to open my phone it did not open as in black out. But when I tried to call my phone, it is still vibrating and ringing but no alarm in my screen (still black out).

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2015 10:07 PM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 11:58 AM in response to kennbio

Good day kennbio,

If I understand you, you have a black screen on your iPhone but you can tell it is still running as it makes appropriate ringing sounds when receiving an incoming call. Is that correct?

I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article - Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Specifically begin with the section titled If you see a solid color screen (black, white, or blue)​.

1. Plug in your device to a power source. If you see the low-battery screen when you plug in, let your device charge for at least 10 minutes (20 minutes for iPad) before using it.
  2. Force restart your device while it's plugged in.
  3. If this doesn't work, restore your device.
  4. If you still see the issue after you restore, contact Apple Support.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

My phone black out but it still vibrating and still ringing when someone gives me a call. I was about to open my facebook application and it did not open I even tried to open instagram and it did not open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.