Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

final cut pro 7 play back issues while editing

I'm working with final cut pro 7 and while editing some video clips are freezing from other video clips. As if a random freeze frame is stuck on another edited clip that does not originally have that frame in it. I interviewed a number of people but one persons freeze frame is stuck on the entire interview of another. No matter how many times I shut down and rest my computer and program. Even when I export the project it staying on there as well. I don't understand the issue?

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 12:08 AM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 11:58 AM in response to michel513

If you're well into the editing process, probably the easiest way is to change your sequence settings (command-0). You'll have to render.

Ideally you do this via Log & Transfer when you import from a card or copy of a card.

If you're just getting started, and don't have the card, I'd transcode them in Compressor and then import the Pro /Res clips.

Russ

final cut pro 7 play back issues while editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.