Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No add field option in iTunes 12.2.25

I'm trying to add fields to some Ballet and Dance videos I have imported into iTunes, as I have multiple artists/cast performing and doing the choreography for certain ballets and would be nice to differentiate them. My problem is the add field button, which used to be in the bottom left of the window has disappeared. I've searched on the communities and the apple website but they all say to expand the widow out and it should be there (but it isn't). Some older files that had been imported in a previous version of iTunes has Artist displayed, so I must have been able to do it at some point. It doesn't matter if the file is video or music either. I'm using a Macbook Air 2015 model. running the latest versions of Yosemite and iTunes 12.2.25.
If it's not possible etc thats fine I can live without it, as I can use the comments box and the description tab for these details, but would be useful to see them at a glance, any help would be welcome.

Many thanks

Simon

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:21 AM

If I understand your question, you want to add columns? Click the drop down that's just below the search and change it to Songs. There will be some selections in there for Year, BPM, Genre etc.

6 replies

Sep 2, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Salfordnurse

I don't use iTunes 12. I know with a similar issue earlier it was a matter of people not scrolling far enough to reveal the item.

April 2015, hhgttg27 tips on metadata editing in iTunes 12.1 - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7017001?answerId=28155719022#28155719022 - including availability of particular fields with particular media kinds, and a workaround.

iTunes Help - Customize the iTunes window

https://help.apple.com/itunes/mac/12.1/

Tip for iTunes12.1: This $2 script emulates the old style "Get Info" presentation - http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=multiitemedit

Sep 2, 2015 5:42 AM in response to Salfordnurse

Hi Simon,

In iTunes, with your videos displayed in the Home Videos tab, look in the upper right corner (just below the Search box) and set the pull-down menu there to Video List. If you click again on this menu, you should see a window offering some choices, including "Show Columns." This in turn lets you add new columns to those displayed.

Alternatively, you can Control-click anywhere on the row of column headers (Name, Time, Artist etc) to see a pop-up menu of available fields, including some like Description that are lesser used.

Hope this is what you needed!

Sep 13, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Salfordnurse

Despite all the responses to your question, none actually addressed the missing button. I have Two Macs and the newest version of iTunes (12.2.25) is indeed missing the "Add Field" option in the info window. What's more, iTunes has deleted fields that were there before. Actor's names are now in the "Director" field! Have you found a way to get it back? The only suggestions I saw here had nothing to do with the info window but adding columns in list view.

Any suggestions are welcome.

No add field option in iTunes 12.2.25

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.