Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot camp partition missing

I installed a new SSD on to my macbook pro recently and decided to bootcamp a windows partition. However, the partition seems to be missing in the start up menu after creating a new bootcamp partition, but the partition can be viewed in the disk utility list... Can someone please help....

* I am using Bootable Usb to install win7*

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:49 AM

7 replies

Sep 2, 2015 7:01 AM in response to stevietako

Please post the output of the following Terminal commands.

diskutil list

diskutil cs list

sudo gpt -vv -r show /dev/disk0

sudo fdisk /dev/disk0

The "sudo" commands will prompt for your password, and it will not be echoed back. You may also see a warning about improper use of "sudo" and potential data loss due to "abuse" of the command.

Sep 2, 2015 9:14 AM in response to Loner T

1. Macbook Pro 13inch Mid 2012

2. I cant go in the windows installation process to format my disk since i cant select it in the start up menu...

3. Yes i did the SMC AND PRAM reset but nothing really happen after that, and the bootcamp partition is still missing so i cant continue the installation

4. the partition was there at the very beginning , however i deleted the partition and started the whole bootcamp progress again since i wanted more space for my windows. Unfortunately, the bootcamp partition completely vanished after creating a new one by using the Bootcamp Assistant *which is the second try*

Boot camp partition missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.