Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

align or lock text? fcpx 10.2.1

hello, im working in the newest version of FCPX, the current version is 10.2.1

one problem i have is, when you place a title in your timeline, select the title and try to move it around in the viewer (not using the X and Y axis in the video tab)
the Title doesnt "lock" in the center, like it did in the previous versions, does anyone know a trick to "lock" the title in the center (like the snapping feature)

any help is appreciated

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 2:48 AM

3 replies

Sep 11, 2015 10:37 AM in response to topdogmsn

It is important to note the layout method for the text area when the title is opened in Motion. I have the same problem with my text elements who's layout method is "Paragraph." The above mentioned method of highlighting text and dragging the anchor point works for text elements who's layout method is "Type," but not for "Paragraph." The "Paragraph" layout method doesn't even seem to have an anchor point within Final Cut.

The reason this is a problem is because "Paragraph" layout is the only layout that allows the use of margins. For something like a quotation slide, the quote itself needs to be formatted as a paragraph so that the margins can be adjusted in FCP.

Until this is fixed, the only solution I've found is to turn on Title/Action safe guides and use your best guess at where "center" is.

align or lock text? fcpx 10.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.