Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Delete device isn't appearing on ICloud in find my iphone.

I cannot delete a device from my account, and from find my iphone. The option to delete the device doesn't show. These are the options available. I have full acces to the account, but i do not have acces to the device. How can i remove it?

<Personal Informaiton Edited by Host>

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.5, null

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:38 AM

14 replies

Jun 19, 2017 8:31 PM in response to jolene220

Is the device showing as online (green dot) or offline (black dot). The device has to be offline in order to remove it from the list of devices. What I've noticed is that, there is sometimes a remove from account option and sometimes just an User uploaded file

Either way however whether you press remove from devices or the X button, the device will return back to your list of devices for find my iphone once it connects to either wifi or a cellular data network and if find my iphone is still turned on. I just tested it on my ipod. I turned it off, removed it from the list of devices by pressing the X. It was gone from find my iphone in icloud.com. Then when I turned the ipod back on, it re-appeared in my list of devices. It seems kind of dysfunctional in a sense. I'm under the impression that once you remove the device from the list of devices, you pretty much have to erase the iphone before reconnecting it back to wifi or a cellular data network. Although, with my ipod, I removed it from my list of devices while it was offline. Then I turned the ipod back on. I quickly disabled the wifi network, since it was an old ipod and took a while for it to automatically connect. I went into icloud settings and disabled find my iphone. It did not ask for a password. Again this ipod is on an old ios, very old (5.1.1). Then I reconnected the ipod to wifi. I was able to sign out of icloud on the ipod without it asking for a password. It was completely removed from the list of devices in icloud.com.

All in all, once you've removed the device from find my iphone, make sure it does not connect to wifi or cellular and then you pretty much have to erase it before re-connecting it to internet. If the device still works, before giving it away, always remember to sign out of icloud or at the very least turn off find my iphone. Apple even recommends signing out of everything basically, including the itunes and app store before giving the phone away.

Sep 3, 2015 12:31 PM in response to jeffpascal

Hey jeffpascal,

It sounds like not only can you not delete your device, but it isn’t even showing when you try to use the Find My iPhone feature of iCloud. Here is an article that will help you address this issue:

I don't see my device in Find My iPhone

You might not see your device on iCloud.com or the Find My iPhone app for one of these reasons:

• iCloud isn't set up on your device. Choose Settings > iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID.
  • Find My iPhone is turned off on your device. Choose Settings > Find My iPhone > turn on Find My iPhone and then tap Allow.
  • You’re signed in to iCloud with a different Apple ID on your iOS device. Sign in to Find My iPhone with your other accounts until you see your device.
  • Your device isn't connected to a network. If you have access to your device, and it appears to have an active Internet connection, turn on and then turn off Airplane mode. If you continue to have issues, turn the device off and back on. Find My Mac can only find your Mac if it's connected to the Internet from a known Wi-Fi network. If your Mac is connected to the Internet by an Ethernet cable, Find My Mac can't find your computer.
  • The date on your device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch) isn't correct. Choose Settings > General > Date & Time to check and set the date.

You can register up to 100 devices with the same Apple ID. If you try to add more than 100 devices to Find My iPhone with your iCloud, the device won't appear in your All Devices list (iOS 7 or later). If you need to add a new device when you already have 100 registered, remove one of the existing devices to make room.

Get help using Find My iPhone - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204233

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Sep 9, 2015 6:20 AM in response to jeffpascal

Hi again jeffpascal,

I think I understand a little more about the question you are asking now. Here is the information about how to remove the device from your account, since it seems like you may have sold it or given it away:

iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH2702

There are two options here for removing the device from Find My iPhone when it is no longer in your possession:

Remove an iOS device or Mac on which you can’t turn off Find My iPhone

If you can’t turn off Find My iPhone on the device, turn off the device so it goes offline, then remove it from Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

Note: You can also remove your iOS device by first erasing it—just follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you don’t have. You can later restore the device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.

1. Turn off the device you want to remove.

2. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com on another computer.

If you’re using another iCloud app, click the app’s name at the top of the iCloud.com window, then click Find My iPhone.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

3. Click All Devices, select the offline device, then click Remove from Account. If you don’t see Remove from Account, click All Devices again, then click the Delete button User uploaded file next to the device.

If the device comes online again, it reappears in Find My iPhone. If your device reappears, turn off Find My iPhone on the device (follow the instructions above for removing a device by turning off Find My iPhone), or if it’s an iOS device and you no longer have it, follow the instructions below for removing an iOS device you no longer have.

Remove an iOS device you no longer have

If you no longer have the iOS device because you gave it away or sold it, you need to remotely erase it before you can remove it.

1. Go to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com.

If you don’t see Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, your account just has access to iCloud web-only features. To gain access to other iCloud features, set up iCloud on your iOS device or Mac.

2. Click All Devices, then select the device.

3. Click Erase [device], then enter your Apple ID password or your family member’s Apple ID password. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.

If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You receive an email when the device is erased.

If you erase your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and you have credit and debit cards in Passbook for Apple Pay, Find My iPhone attempts to remove your cards immediately, even if your iPhone is offline. For more information, see the Apple Support article Use Passbook in iOS.

4. When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.

All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

The importance of removing the device from your Find My iPhone account is that this iPhone is currently activation locked to your account, meaning that:

With Find My iPhone Activation Lock, your Apple ID and password will be required before anyone can:

• Turn off Find My iPhone on your device
  • Erase your device
  • Reactivate and use your device

This can help you keep your device secure, even if it's in the wrong hands, and can improve your chances of recovering it. Even if you erase your device remotely, Activation Lock can continue to deter anyone from reactivating your device without your permission. All you need to do is keep Find My iPhone turned on, and remember your Apple ID and password.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

Hope this helps. Thanks again for using the Apple Support Communities.

Delete device isn't appearing on ICloud in find my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.