Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete artwork in iTunes

After upgrading to Yosemite a single photo from iPhoto is showing in every album in iTunes. I cannot find a way of removing it. The information panel does not show any artwork.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:56 AM

6 replies

Sep 3, 2015 4:07 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks.

More information: Most of the individual tunes in albums are showing this incorrect photo too. The file information shows no artwork, yet the photo is there and I see whole lists of tunes displaying the same photo.

I do not need photos at all with the tunes, which are my own recordings. Is there a way of deleting this particular one or all of them? I hope somebody knows the answer. I am still trying unsuccessfully to find a solution.

Sep 3, 2015 5:17 AM in response to Mike Johnson12

I have indeed been trying this within iTunes. As said previously, the photo does not show in the Artwork tab of Get Info. There is nothing there to delete.

A further complication is that just a few of the playlists do not have a photo beside each tune (which is the way I prefer) and are displayed in the way they were before recently upgrading to Yosemite.

But I now have many playlists of my own recordings, each tune showing the same photo. In these playlists the file information (album, time etc.) is there but greyed out. Maybe this will be a clue to what is wrong.

I do not need hundreds of small photos in my playlists and would like to delete them. if you can solve this for me I will be most grateful.

How can I delete artwork in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.