Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can somebody tell me the maximum wifi speed of the iPad2 (not air2)

can somebody tell me the max wifi speed of the iPad2 (not iPad Air2)? I have a 200 mbps connection but I can only get about 30 mbps on my ipad.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:57 AM

9 replies

Sep 2, 2015 9:06 AM in response to cmw138

Make sure that you're actually getting 200 Mbps. You can do that by connecting directly to the modem/router with an ethernet cable. Also be sure that both devices (modem/router and computer) ethernet port supports at least 1Gbps. If you're getting much higher speed over wired connection, check your router model and its capability.

Sep 2, 2015 9:05 AM in response to FoxFifth

The crazy thing is in theory I should be getting much higher speed on the ipad2, as my router (netgear 6300) had full wifi for all of those as well as ac. I am on a 5gb signal, and have tested 200+ speed at my terminal from the router on a physical connection. Gone through all of the tricks seen on the boards for optimizing the speed for wifi in my router settings, and the thing still tops out at 25-30 mbps.

Can somebody tell me the maximum wifi speed of the iPad2 (not air2)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.