Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery draining like **** in ipad 4 after ios 8.4.1update

I updated my ipad 4 with ios 8.4.1 like a week ago...but the problem started from yesterday. I charged my ipad from 20% to 100% for altleast 6 hrs...and then started playing some heavy games like asphalt 8 and MC5....so after playing the charge was left at 60% at night 11 pm. Today morning at 7 am its showing 22%!!!!!!!..I was like ***....is my battery is dying or something like that..then I put it in charge(at 15%) and after 2 hrs it was 100% which is next to impossible for a battery of 11560 mAh ....so i did a hard reset and then the percentage came back to 55%....I thought it might be some calibartion problem so i did a factory restore...an put it in charge again( at 51%) and again within hours it was 100% but i know actually its not 100%...i googled it ...but got no luck...Any REAL solution will be appeciated other than ios update or tips etc.Thank You

ipad 4th gneration-OTHER, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:42 AM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 4:42 AM in response to prateeks

Hi. Try to follow the instructions on this page in order to maximize your battery life: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/ios-82-battery-life-problems-how-fix-quick-drain-is sues-iphone-ipad-and-ipod-422229

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

You may also try to reset all settings: go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

You may also try to follow these steps:

1. Navigate to settings/general/ battery usage. Check the applications. This will show you which app eats up your battery.

2. Turn off iCloud keychain: Navigate to Settings/ iCloud/Keychain / turn it off.

3. Limit apps activity on the background: Navigate to Settings/ general/ Background App refresh/ turn it off for each application which uses to much power.

4. Disable auto brightness: Navigate to settings/ display and brightness/ auto-brightness. Turn this option off.

battery draining like **** in ipad 4 after ios 8.4.1update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.