Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband username and password problems?

Hello~!

I've just bought a macbook pro today for the sake of school and most importantly because of garageband. I've made an Apple ID and a password. But when garageband finished downloading the sounds and loops for like an hour, this box popped up saying that I need to type in my username and password to finish downloading. The funny thing is that I don't recall making any username or password for garageband. So I just assumed it was my Apple ID and password. But it doesn't work.
Then now, when I click on garageband, this box pops up saying:
Your computer is not connected to a power source. For better results, you should connect your computer to a power source before installing. Are you sure you want to continue the installation?
And when I click continue, it pops up with the box saying:
Garageband wants to install your download of instruments and sounds. Type your password to allow this.
So I tried my Apple ID and password. But IT DOESN'T WORK!! 😠
I'm a newbie to Apple and MacBooks so I am completely lost. 😕 Help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 7:02 AM

Try your name and password for your computer not your apple id.

5 replies

Garageband username and password problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.