Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud back up still restoring

I restored my iPhone from iCloud last night and the only thing I can find is a section of photos in 'All photos' that have not loaded yet, this is causing my phone to still say 'restoring from iCloud backup' on the lock screen, it is now 19 hours or so since I started the restore and it is still in the same predicament, I looked at downloading iCloud to my computer to ensure that I had a copy of the missing photos somewhere, but iCloud for windows is not compatible with the version of windows I have. I have also in the mean time deleted a load of different things (apps, old message conversations, data, etc) of my phone to ensure that there is enough storage left for my phone to store said missing photos. I have forced a back up to my computer in the mean time, knowing however that the chances of the photos being in the restore will be there are rather slim, but felt best to have a back up somewhere since it wont back up to iCloud whilst trying to restore from iCloud. Now, I don't know if I should just leave it to keep trying to download them, stop the restore, or what, it has been left overnight (for a good 7-8 hours) not being used but still on and connected to power and to a strong wifi.

Is there a way to get the photos with out stopping the restore, or do I need to just start again, or just leave it?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:41 AM

That is way too long to restore a backup. I would stop the restore. Restart the phone and try again. You might be hosed at this point anyway.

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 7:13 AM in response to Maims94

Well that's good news.

FWIW, my son sent me a Shared Photo Album last month with about 150 photos in it. It took about an hour or so before all of the photos completely downloaded to my iPad. So I suppose, depending on how many photos you had, it could take quite a while. That still seems too long to me, but if it is working, that's all that counts.

iCloud back up still restoring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.