Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I installed a new AMacMini (4,1) a few days back to replace the failing stock 320 HD. Initially tried to do fresh install of Snow Leopard from original MacMini grey system disk. Install failed

I installed a new ADATA SP900 256GB 2.5" 6Gb/s Solid State Drive in my 2010 MacMini (4,1) a few days back to replace the failing stock 320 HD.

Initially tried to do fresh install of Snow Leopard from original MacMini grey system disk. Install failed (error said to try cleaning DVD and retry). No luck. Tried another SL install from retail DVD. Same error message. Decided to try a fresh install of OSX Yosemite from a bootable USB. Install failed (error said file may have been corrupted). Made another USB install drive from wireless download on another Mac (using a different USB stick). Tried the USB install and got the same ‘damaged/corrupted’ error. Then tried to install OSX Yosemite onto MacMini SSD via Target mode from another Mac. Install was successful! Started using the new install of Yosemite on the MacMini and all was good for about 2 hours of use, then experienced several freezes and system crashes.

Decided to try another download and install of Yosemite via direct download from Apple. Kept getting corrupt or damage filed errors during install. Also got an error that said there was an error extracting required files from pkg file.

All if my installs have been from wireless downloads. I decided to try connecting Mini to router via ethernet and did one more Yosemite download after booting Mini from external HD SuperDuper backup. Received same install error (file may be corrupted).

Really frustrated now and not sure how to proceed.

I can’t get a fresh install from a DVD, USB or direct download. Is the problem with Yosemite or the SSD? Any suggestions? I’ve ran Disk Utility on the SSD and errors were fixed. What should I try next?

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:58 AM

3 replies

I installed a new AMacMini (4,1) a few days back to replace the failing stock 320 HD. Initially tried to do fresh install of Snow Leopard from original MacMini grey system disk. Install failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.