Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos back to memory card.

I want to put some photos from my Mac onto an empty memory card so that I can use the card in a picture frame. I have tried inserting the memory card and then manually transferring what I want onto the icon that appears on the screen. Then I have ejected the memory card BUT when I look at the memory card there are no images on it. What have I not done?

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:27 AM

Helen,

Where on the Mac are the photos stored? For example if you are using iPhoto or Photos for Mac to store your photos you will need to export them first and then you can copy and paste the jpeg images to the memory card.

5 replies

Sep 2, 2015 8:53 AM in response to helenfromleek

In Photos, select the pictures you want and then click File - Export and follow the on-screen commands. Once the pictures have been exported, copy them and then double click the memory card in Finder and paste them. You will see the files appear on the memory card.

You can determine where the photos are to be exported to, I believe you can export right to the memory card however I have not tried that myself.

If you have trouble, you have 90 days of free AppleCare telephone support with any new Mac. Give them a call!

Sep 3, 2015 12:08 AM in response to helenfromleek

helenfromleek wrote:

manually transferring what I want onto the icon that appears on the screen. Then I have ejected the memory card BUT when I look at the memory card there are no images on it. What have I not done?

Click on the memory card icon. If there is a DCIM folder, place your photos inside. This folder stores memory card photos & videos.

User uploaded file

Transferring photos back to memory card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.