Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bizarre: Three Apple Products Dead at Same Time in Different Parts of the House

Hi, this is very odd.

I have a MacbookPro (Late '13), iPad Air (Early '14), and an iPhone 5c (early 2013) that completely died in different parts of the house largely at the same time. I also have an iMac (2011) and an iPhone 6 (2015) that still are working normally.

For the dead devices, two days ago, my MacBook Pro opened up in the dreaded "White Screen of Death." I had to send an email so I ran downstairs to grab my iPad and it was completely unresponsive. I brought my MacBook to a repair shop and the tech said it's a motherboard issue. He also said he can't even diagnose the iPad, and that it needs to be sent in. Two days later (today) my wife comes down with her iPhone 5c, said it just had 90% battery charge, and completely went dead as she was using it.

I've tried all the common things for the iPhone/iPad (holding down both buttons at the same time for several minutes, power button for several minutes, connecting it to power, connecting it to a machine with iTunes on it, etc.) and nothing has worked. I took the hard drive out of my MacBook, tried to reboot using a thumb drive, reset the NVRAM using the key combo, tried diagnosing with an Apple server, other key combos for safe mode, etc.

In short, these devices are literally completely dead, all at the same time. Has anyone had something like this happen? I know there's been a recent hack but I thought it was just for "jailbroken" phones which neither my wife nor I have. Any help or even insight at this point would be much appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:36 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 9:09 AM in response to A1StkSce

Sounds like someone broke an iMirror 😝

A really bad thunderstorm years ago took out the microwave, TV, VCR (which dates the storm!), two computers, and some circuitry in our furnace. The insurance agent wasn’t happy to say the least. Static electricity and power surges can fry electronic devices but other than that it sounds like you’ve just experienced some really bad luck.

Bizarre: Three Apple Products Dead at Same Time in Different Parts of the House

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.