Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With so much refinement: My wrists hurt.

I just bought my first MacBook! It's a Pro. After using this laptop I have only a couple issues I want apple to hear.

My wrists hurt! I type like a normal person, but I rest my arms slightly down onto the open area to the right and left of the touch pad. My arms and wrists are slim and not much weight is down, but the edge of the computer really cuts into my forearm. With so much refining going on at apple I thought I should point out a smoother edge would be nice.

I also have a issue with the always cold, then sweaty paws! Now, I admit my hands sweat a lot due to my always moving blood sugars. After opening my Mac, I always feel like I'm typing on a cold car hood in the morning. After a long while typing and working my palms get sweaty and always cal for a cleaning ever time i think about it. Now here I'm complaining of my imperfections, but I think I will be looking for some kind of secondary surface for this area of chills, and "Nasty, Nasty sweat" my girl friend always complains about when she steals my computer for some quick use while I walk away.

Thank you for reading my need for more refinement, other than that I so far like my MacBook. I feel a comfort with the community of users who also share the concern for apple and its products.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, August 2015 13inch

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:03 AM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Komnos

Repetitive Strain Injuries are a potential problem with any typing or pointing device. There are many different third-party products available to help keep your wrists in a comfortable, "neutral" position when typing. Work surface height is important.

Do not ignore such pain! The wrist is a fragile area subject to inflammation including Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

You can get a cushion that sits next to the trackpad on both sides and slightly elevates and protects your wrists, or a taller one that rests on the table below the bottom edge of your MacBook. If you still find this is uncomfortable, consider using an external keyboard that suits you better.

With so much refinement: My wrists hurt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.