Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vertical line across the screen.

I have a late 2013 27" iMac. I was browsing the web when all of a sudden a purple vertical line appeared on the screen. I thought it was the browser, but it's accross all apps. Tried rebooting, doesn't get rid of the problem. I tried to take a screenshot to post here, but the line doesn't show up in the screenshot. I took a picture of it with my phone instead.

User uploaded file

I'm a month and half away from the 1 year purchase date. Do I need to contact the store or Apple directly?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:42 AM

3 replies

Sep 6, 2015 12:01 PM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

I called Apple Support and they confirmed that it was a hardware problem. I was told to make an appointment at an apple store. I just brought it to the apple store the same day, had to wait a bit for someone to see me since I had no appointment but they eventually got to me. They confirmed that the vertical line was a result of a bad display. Luckily, they had a new display in stock and didn't have to order one. They told me my iMac will be repaired in 3 to 5 days. 4 days later they called me to come pick it up. I was still a month and half away from the original purchase warranty expiring so it didn't cost anything.

Good thing too, cause the display was 706$ and they were gonna charge another 40$ for the labor.

vertical line across the screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.