Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipd2/imac motherboard fail?

hi Everybody!

Ive an Ipad2/6.8 IOS that I'd like to update to a new IOS maybe 7, But' the imac3rd Gen. OS10.4 that it..was linked with had a motherboard faillar, Mine's the Ambeint Light Sensorl verson,I don' recall the model. Is there a way to upgrade and save all my info somehow Itune wants to update via wiping the Ipads info! I'd Need to backup files,pics,music,vids, and notes,...

pre thanks!

cheers'

Dan S

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), ipad,ipod,imac G5,pbG4,Ibook G3

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 10:17 AM in response to daniel schafer

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like iTunes is prompting you to restore the iPad in order to install the latest version of iOS, and you want to know how to backup the data on your device. The information in the article linked below will walk you through the process of backing up your device with iCloud or iTunes.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

After backing up your data, you can update the device wirelessly over the air or with iTunes as described here:

Update the iOS software on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers.

ipd2/imac motherboard fail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.