Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add new Note

iPad Notes app, as I added notes the pen/paper icon became smaller and smaller until I cannot add a new note. Have I exceeded something?

iPad

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:14 AM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2015 10:07 AM in response to funstonp

Greetings funstonp,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

From your question, it sounds like you are unable to add a new note in Notes on your iPad because the icon to create a new note has increasingly decreased in size with every new note. If this is the behavior you are experiencing, there are a couple of steps I would like you to try to begin the troubleshooting process.

First, close the Notes application completely. Use the article attached below for instructions on this process if needed.

Force an app to close in iOS - Apple Support

After Notes has been closed, the next step will be to restart your iPhone. The next article below explains how to restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Test Notes after the iPad finishes the restart to see if you can add a new note. If the issue continues, please let us know.

Cheers

Cannot add new Note

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.