Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore my iPhone 4

Hello! MY mother just give me her iPhone 4. I want to reset end erase all the data from the device, but my mother make a little mistake: When she creates her iCloud account, she write wrong her e-mail... The device know that its not a verrified e-mail, but because of that i can't restore this iPhone... How can I change the account or reset the device without needing the password confirmation of a wrong ID?

Thank you!

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:59 AM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2015 10:08 AM in response to AlviseCa

That has nothing to do with the attempt to restore. For you to be able to activate the device for yourself and your Apple ID, she has to know the email address and password for iCloud. She can remove that with a computer, but she will need to know the iCloud ID and password. If she cannot remember enough to recover the password, then you will have to use the method I described in my earlier post. The device is Activation Locked, based on her iCloud account. You cannot change the account without removing it from the original account.

Can't restore my iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.