Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alchemy samples not saving in concert file

Hello friends,

I figured I would post this here to keep a log of the bugs and issues I am finding.

I have been trying to create a free "RedMod's Playground" concert- featuring my edits and eventual new Alchemy patch creations using custom samples.

You can download it from my sellfy.com/rockymountainsounddesign page (as well as other free Mainstage volumes).

BUT

I have discovered that even if you check all the boxes to have Mainstage 3.2. save all content and samples, it actually doesn't do that. It will miss samples and not place them in the Alchemy Samples folder inside the MS concert. This is evident when users run it and it is searching for non-existent samples.

I think my only solution is to look at my system Alchemy Samples folder and manually inject the samples into the Mainstage concerrts Alchemy Samples folder- which is a serious issue if someone were planning on distributing custom-sampled Alchemy based concerts for tours or church campuses.

I have tried everything I can think of (and I am a seasoned MS user) so chalk it up to it just being a bug plain and simple.

Also, I have experienced some other issues that I see many are talkinga bout

1) high cpu usage with Alchemy. I have even done a clear patch and experience roughly 10% cpu usage idling- and over 100% (based on the MS cpu monitor) with simple 6-7 note chords.

2) manual covering Alchemy needs to be expanded- it references things that don't exist in Mainstage and only in Logic. For example, if you want to design your own patches- do it in Logic. Only in Logic can you set your personal details so that it can capture your name to use in the Sound Designer field for new Alchemy patches. You can't set it up in Mainstage.

3) Smart Controls- not sure if this was an issue before- but if you use a smart control for your concert, you cant use a full screen background as it will cover up the visual for the screen control (the smart screen control is still there and if you click around it works- you just can't see it). Yet, all other screen controls and buttons will always be placed above the background.

4) Loading up your own series of patches with Alchemy may result in some patches not sounding properly. This occured with my own patch edits where I would change out an oscillator's setting with a sample from either my own sampling or even the stock samples. If you switch to a different Mainstage patch, then go back- you may lose that oscillator all together.

5) Transform pad feature- option to use cc messages or general midi learn on all features. Very limiting to only use specific note ranges starting at whatever C range you choose (C-2 to C8).

6) The ability to assign a controller (like the x-y pad) to control the sweep across the transform pads (so for example, repurpose the pitchben and modwheel to do that- or another controller).

Anyways- there are some of my first issues- hopefully Apple will update quickly.

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:50 AM

There are no replies.

Alchemy samples not saving in concert file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.