Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alchemy presets not loading

when attempting to load some presets in Garageband a warning shows: "The preset you are attempting to load was created with a newer version of Alchemy than you have installed, so it cannot be loaded." I have Logic and MainStage both just been updated and alchemy working ok in these. Any ideas for a fix. Thank you. Thank you

Garageband 10.1

Yosemite 10.10.5

Logic Pro X

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:16 AM

19 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:18 AM in response to andrewid

I am having this exact problem. I'm using MainStage and Garageband, and when trying to play some (but not def not all) of the Alchemy sounds in Garageband causes the dialog you mention and don't load the sound. However, if you go to that sound in MainStage and play it there, it works perfectly.

I did previously have Alchemy on this machine (basic plugin and one of the free sample sets) and had I thought removed it, maybe that is what is causing the issue? Did you previously have Alchemy installed?

Oct 18, 2015 2:02 AM in response to andrewid

Same issue here.

It looks like GarageBand and MainStage are using different versions of Alchemy (an older version of Alchemy on GBX). That's why some of the MS3 Alchemy sounds will not work in GBX. These plugin's are nowadays bundled with the app so you cannot just copy the plugin from MS3 to GBX.

I've tried to copy the Alchemy framework from the MS3 bundle to the GBX bundle but without success. I guess we will have to wait till the next release of GBX and hopefully it's using the latest Alchemy plugin so that it can play all sound of the current MS3.

alchemy presets not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.