Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. Im trying to AirDrop photos from my iphone 5s to my Ipad Air 2, but it keeps declining. Anyone know why? It used to be good, and fast. I dont know whats happened

I am wanting to put photos from my iphone 5s onto my ipad Air 2. But it takes a while for my ipad to even show up on my Airdrop, then when it does and I push my photo to transfer them, its takes a while saying "waiting". Then in the end it keeps saying "declined". Any reason why this is? Both of them have bluetooth on, and wifi, and I even changed it so everyone can get on my airdrop. Still keep getting Declined. Please help

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:00 AM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 9:08 AM in response to pw74

Try doing this on both devices. You will not lose anything on either of them and then try AirDrop again.

Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up.

If that does not solve it, go into Settings > General > Reset > and Reset Network Settings.

Do this on both. You will have to log back in to your Wi-Fi using the router password.

Try now and see....

Hi. Im trying to AirDrop photos from my iphone 5s to my Ipad Air 2, but it keeps declining. Anyone know why? It used to be good, and fast. I dont know whats happened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.