Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 shattered screen and casing bent

I purchased an iphone 6 in the middle of July this year, the phone is 8 weeks old. It has never been dropped or no scratches.

Today I sat in my car with the phone in the front pocket of my jeans, I then hear a crack. I pull the phone out of my pocket and there are pieces of glass all over.

I have contacted apple and they say this is my fault and I need to pay for a repair as its accidental damage. My argument is that I was not doing anything unusual than everyday usage. Surely this product is faulty to just bend and shatter when I sit down. Apple have also suggested that I try and blame ee for selling a faulty product. I am disgusted really that a phone can do this after 8 weeks of normal activity

Any advice would be welcome on who is responsible or to resolve this situation

many thanks

Adie

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 9:23 AM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2015 10:36 AM in response to adie_11

adie_11 wrote:

I purchased an iphone 6 in the middle of July this year, the phone is 8 weeks old. It has never been dropped or no scratches.

Today I sat in my car with the phone in the front pocket of my jeans, I then hear a crack. I pull the phone out of my pocket and there are pieces of glass all over.

I have contacted apple and they say this is my fault and I need to pay for a repair as its accidental damage. My argument is that I was not doing anything unusual than everyday usage. Surely this product is faulty to just bend and shatter when I sit down. Apple have also suggested that I try and blame ee for selling a faulty product. I am disgusted really that a phone can do this after 8 weeks of normal activity

Any advice would be welcome on who is responsible or to resolve this situation

many thanks

Adie

Sorry it happened to you, but this is classic "accidental damage". The only person responsible is the person who had or caused the accident, which is you. Any smart phone will bend and break with enough force applied in the right manner. Given the size of these devices these days, yes, they certainly will be forced to flex a great deal when you sit down with one in a pants pocket (front or back). Yours was clearly flexed beyond the breaking point when you sat down, hence your fault. Life bites sometimes unfortunately.

iPhone 6 shattered screen and casing bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.