Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Logic Pro X asking me to download basic content, AGAIN!?

So I just clicked on Logic to work on a project and it behaved as if I just installed it. It tells me it needs to download the basic content. Why???

I've been using it daily for over 6 months now and never had this problem. It's so random. The only thing I might have done different was install the REX Shared Library so I could work on Rex files, found here: https://www.propellerheads.se/support/user/recycle/general-recycle/rex-shared-li brary/

Other than that, nothing different.

I'm waiting on the Basic Content to download, so I hope everything will work after that, but what the **** just happened!?

My specs are up to date

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2.5 ghz i7 model

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 12:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2015 11:47 AM

LPX just had an update that included new Additional Content, which had to be downloaded.

4 replies

Sep 14, 2015 7:10 PM in response to Joshue108

To be strictly accurate..

With the 10.2 update there is new Essential (Basic) Content which is a non optional download.. and must be installed. (The new Alchemy plugin's basic content...for example)

....and then there is also new Additional content which is an optional download... and which you can skip if you wish (though personally I wouldn't as there are some excellent Alchemy libraries included in that!)

🙂

Why is Logic Pro X asking me to download basic content, AGAIN!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.