Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

guitar signal drops when creating new guitar track

Running OS X V10.10.2 and Garageband 6.0.5.

VWhen I create a Songwriting project, my guitar input signal is only recognized when I select one of the preset track options. If Iselect any of the preset tracks, e.g.; voice, acoustic, piano, muted bass, or drums, the incoming guitar signal registers without issue...volume bar jumps when I strum and guitar sound plays throughmy monitors. However, when I select Track > New Track > Electric Guitar, the guitar signal disappears.

If I go back andhighlight any of the aforementioned preset tracks, I can strum my guitar and still clearly see (and hear) that the audio signal is beingreceived, However, when I highlight the newly created"Clean Combo" guitar track, no signal is received. The volume bar doesn't jump indicating that the signal is not being receivedand no sound is emitted from the monitors. What am I missing or doing wrong here?

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), Apogee Duet

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:43 AM

There are no replies.

guitar signal drops when creating new guitar track

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.