Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone rejecting all calls? Is it a setting, or is it likely broken?

My iPhone 5 is rejecting every single call it receives before it finishes the first right. It doesn't matter how fast I try to answer, it just rejects the call. Has anyone experienced this? Is it a setting?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:31 PM

Do you have Call Forwarding on, Settings>Phone>Call Forwarding? If you are hearing ringing, it is not Do Not Disturb. Last thing to check is with your carrier to see if there is some type of restriction on your account. Call handling is a carrier function.

5 replies

Sep 2, 2015 1:38 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I hear one ring, then it automatically declines the call. Call forwarding is not on. I do have another number forwarded to my cell, but I have had that for months and doubt that's suddenly an issue. It's a company phone, so I doubt my company did something with the provider. Wondering if it has finally given out. I only need a few more weeks out of this thing till the iPhone 6s arrives

Sep 2, 2015 1:43 PM in response to tdebard

No one said the company did anything, it is something to check with the provider about, since they are responsible for call handling. You say you have a number forwarded to this phone, my question was if you had call forwarding turned on for this phone, to forward it somewhere. Again, I suggest you work with the provider on this. If the device has given out, then it would not work at all. The fact that it acts the same for each call makes me believe there is something at the provider end, including the possibility of conditional call forwarding.

Why is my iPhone rejecting all calls? Is it a setting, or is it likely broken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.