Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows 7: Apple Music Offline Download Not Working

Hi,

I can't download or stream songs on iTunes - Apple Music. I always get this error 8003 and it skips to the next song having the same error.

I'm trying to download a song last week for a surprise party for my office mate at the pantry with some songs from Apple Music that's when I realize i can't download songs or even stream. But Beats 1 is working.

iTunes Version: 12.2.2.25

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:19 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 11:29 AM in response to greengentleman

Howdy greengentleman,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that whenever you try and either download or stream music from Apple Music in iTunes on your Windows PC, you get an error code of 8003. In order to get this issue resolved I suggest that you go through the steps outlined below.

Check software that affects your Internet connection

This can happen if your connection times out while you're downloading purchased content from the iTunes Store. Software like the following may cause a connection time-out by affecting how your computer sends and receives information from the Internet:

• Firewalls
  • Web accelerators
  • Ad filters
  • Virus protection software

If you have any of the software listed above and you can't access the iTunes Store or complete your download, configure the software to allow iTunes to connect to the Internet and allow these domains to send and receive data from the Internet:

• itunes.apple.com
  • ax.itunes.apple.com
  • albert.apple.com
  • gs.apple.com
  • deimos3.apple.com
  • phobos.apple.com

Refer to the documentation that came with that software and, if necessary, contact the software's manufacturer.

You can also try these steps:

• If a web accelerator could be causing the issue, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or the software manufacturer.
  • If your computer is on a network, try using a different computer on the network or discussing the issue with the network administrator.

If you see an alert in iTunes that says "There was an error downloading your purchased music" - Apple Support

Delete your iTunes Downloads folder, located in:

Mac OS X:
 ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Downloads Note: "iTunes Media" may appear as "iTunes Music. Also, the tilde (~) refers to your Home directory.

Windows Vista:
 \Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows 7:
 \Users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

Windows XP:
 \Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Downloads\

After locating your iTunes Downloads folder:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Delete the Downloads folder on your computer.
  3. Open iTunes.
  4. Choose Store > Check for Available Downloads.
  5. Enter your account name and password.

Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

Take care.

iTunes on Windows 7: Apple Music Offline Download Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.