Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.itl file to mp3

Howdy all. In the itunes folder of my new PC there are only .itl files where I thought the MP3s of my music was supposed to be. I downloaded itunes to this new pc and it brought over all my music, I supposed from the cloud.

I want to put my music on my HTC now. How do I access my music in mp3 format so I can do this?

null-OTHER, Windows 8, Lenovo X1 Carbon

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:49 AM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2015 11:56 AM in response to shannonpapaya

itl files are not music files. an itl file just holds the music list, and data for your library, but it does not contain an actual music file.

Your music files should exist inside \iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\ on a Windows PC, unless you moved them somewhere else.

They will be in Artist named folders, and then by Album inside that.

If you imported MP3s originally to your library they should still be in MP3 format.

If you bought them from the iTunes Store, they may be in m4a format. Which your HTC may or may not support.

Sep 2, 2015 1:19 PM in response to shannonpapaya

Do you still have the old computer or an Apple device that contains the media content? Otherwise if you've signed into iTunes from a new library you can expect to see your purchases listed with options to stream or download them. You can download everything then copy it to your non-Apple device using Windows Explorer. See Download past purchases from iTunes - Apple Support.

tt2

.itl file to mp3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.