Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.7 to 10.10 Yosemite Missing Preferences

So does the support community have a good place under the relevant categories, such as OS Yosemite to post a solution toolbox?

I have a application that currently provides several System preferences and Presets the handles the following items removed from OS X 10.7 and later.

These are:

Web Server Start/Stop/Restart

AirDrop Disabling - not really needed for desktops and is a performance hit.

iWeb Domain Choose - Still the best WSIWYG web editor that support HTML5, PHP5 and most social widgets.

Finder Hidden File toggle

User uploaded file

With a simple pick list, you can manage these item again without having to use terminal commands. The commands are done for you without you having to know the correct syntax.

This list will grow, but this app is a current solution to address several question such as.

1. How do I enable OS X apache server?
  2. Can I disable AirDrop from Finder?
  3. How can I work with multiple Domains in iWeb?
  4. How can a see hidden files in Finder?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:12 PM

Just a side note on the airdro.Airdrop is only used with Wi-Fi . If you're wired and not using Wi-Fi you still have airdrop trying to call routines using Wi-Fi so this is one example of why you would disable it. You will notice all your error log messages also subside anout airdrop. The other one is icloud, however you can still control that in broswer settings.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 6:12 PM in response to mini201200

Just a side note on the airdro.Airdrop is only used with Wi-Fi . If you're wired and not using Wi-Fi you still have airdrop trying to call routines using Wi-Fi so this is one example of why you would disable it. You will notice all your error log messages also subside anout airdrop. The other one is icloud, however you can still control that in broswer settings.

OS X 10.7 to 10.10 Yosemite Missing Preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.