Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth phone calls on Toyota Prius Garbled since 8.4.1 Update

I just recently noticed that since I've updated to 8.4.1 any attempts to make or receive calls via Bluetooth on my 2014 Prius v don't work. I can hear the phone as it dials but instead of hearing the normal sounds of the phone ringing it clicks. When the other end picks up - everything is totally garbled.

My Bluetooth music work. Entune works. Siri accepts commands.

Just the phone feature not working. Given that everywhere I drive now has laws against hand held phones as well as for personal safety - I'd like some idea on how to remedy this!!!

Should I revert back to iOS 8.4? I'm not even sure if there's a safe way to do this!

Any suggestion would be welcome.

Damon

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:59 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 1:48 PM in response to michaelfromwest chesterfield

Hello there, Michael.

It sounds like you're having issues making phone calls via Bluetooth in your car using your iPhone, after updating to iOS 8.4.1. The following Knowledge Base article offers up some great recommendations for troubleshooting:

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for steps about pairing with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open the Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, Contact Apple Support.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Bluetooth phone calls on Toyota Prius Garbled since 8.4.1 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.