Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod 12.2.2

I upgraded last week to Itunes version 12.2.2 64-bit for Windows. To my surprise - Itunes does not allow me to manage my Ipod Nano. More precisely - whenever i am in the podcast screen - and whenever i click on a podcast in the checkboxes (e.g. the right side of the screenshot per below) - it will either not do anything, or select a completely random podcast from the same list (e.g. the podcast above the one that i selected, or the podcast below the one). Subsequently- i will often fail to sync even this selection to the Ipod.

This is completely flabbergasting, very frustrating, and goes against my most basic expectation of functionality.

i have tried to reinstall my ipod, reinstall Itunes, and even tried to roll-back to earlier versions (latter gave error messages during installation).

please let me know how to resolve this,

Many thanks in advance, W

User uploaded file

iPod nano, Windows 7

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 11:50 AM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 12:26 PM in response to wouter237

wouter237 wrote:

...and whenever i click on a podcast in the checkboxes (e.g. the right side of the screenshot per below) - it will either not do anything, or select a completely random podcast from the same list (e.g. the podcast above the one that i selected, or the podcast below the one). Subsequently- i will often fail to sync even this selection to the Ipod.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to do - get the episode to play, or Sync with an iPod?

Putting that to one side:

• From your screenshot, the greyed out date (in the right hand column) suggests to me that the episodes in your list are not downloaded onto your iTunes, they are simply listed. However, I would expect to see the cloud symbol next to the episode title, and clicking on the cloud will cause it to download.
  • In addition to that, once it is downloaded, if the checkbox is not ticked (checked), then it will not be played by iTunes unless you specifically select it. In other words, if you click "next", those unchecked episodes will not be chosen.
  • Lastly, if you have opted to Sync only ticked songs and videos (an option of the Summary pane that appears during Sync), then those unchecked ones will not be added to an iPod even if they are downloaded into your iTunes.

ipod 12.2.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.