Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes match has disappeard from my computer

iTunes match has disappeared and when I view my account it has a button to add this computer but when I click it just brings me to the main iTunes download page?

Other OS

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:40 PM

Good day John,

In order to access iTunes Match from your computer, you must turn on iCloud Music Library for that computer. See this article for reference - Subscribe to iTunes Match.

Use the steps in this article to turn on iCloud Music Library on your computer - Check your Apple Music library settings.

Specifically -

On your Mac or PC:

1. Make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences and turn on iCloud Music Library.
    Windows: Press Control + B on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar. Choose iTunes > Preferences, and turn on iCloud Music Library.
  3. If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library.* If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library.

*When you choose Merge, songs on your device that are in the Apple Music catalog become instantly available to access on your other devices. On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, songs that we can’t match are shown on your other devices. But you won’t be able to play them on your other devices until you upload them from your Mac or PC with iTunes.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 1:40 PM in response to johnbsheridan

Good day John,

In order to access iTunes Match from your computer, you must turn on iCloud Music Library for that computer. See this article for reference - Subscribe to iTunes Match.

Use the steps in this article to turn on iCloud Music Library on your computer - Check your Apple Music library settings.

Specifically -

On your Mac or PC:

1. Make sure that you're signed in to iTunes with the Apple ID and password that you use for your Apple Music membership.
  2. Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences and turn on iCloud Music Library.
    Windows: Press Control + B on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar. Choose iTunes > Preferences, and turn on iCloud Music Library.
  3. If you already have music on your device, you'll be asked if you want to Merge or Replace the music. Choose Merge to add the songs currently on your device to your library.* If you select Replace, the music on your device is replaced with your Apple Music library.

*When you choose Merge, songs on your device that are in the Apple Music catalog become instantly available to access on your other devices. On iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, songs that we can’t match are shown on your other devices. But you won’t be able to play them on your other devices until you upload them from your Mac or PC with iTunes.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Safe computing.

itunes match has disappeard from my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.