Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPHONE WILL NOT POWER ON-Tried holding home and power buttons

Iphone automatically turned off yesterday while I was using safari and will not turn back on at all. I tried holding the home button and power button simultaneously, but that didn't work. I plugged it in to the wall to charge and after 5-10 minutes a dim blank black screen shows up. I tried connecting it to iTunes to restore it, but there was an error 4005.

Now the phone won't turn on at all. When connected to a computer or an outlet it will turn on a blank black screen for a while until it turns off and repeat the process again after several minutes.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:46 PM

Hey LIWU,

Your issue is that your iPhone turned itself off unexpectedly and you are unable to turn it back on. You have attempted to restart it using the Home and power buttons, which failed, and you attempted to restore the iPhone and got an error 4005. Is this correct?

I would suggest that you begin troubleshooting using the steps in this article - iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 1:46 PM in response to LIWU

Hey LIWU,

Your issue is that your iPhone turned itself off unexpectedly and you are unable to turn it back on. You have attempted to restart it using the Home and power buttons, which failed, and you attempted to restore the iPhone and got an error 4005. Is this correct?

I would suggest that you begin troubleshooting using the steps in this article - iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Happy computing.

iPHONE WILL NOT POWER ON-Tried holding home and power buttons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.