Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FxPlug FxOnScreenControl wrong behavior in FCPX 10.2.1

Hi all,

I'm not sure if I'm posting to the right forum, but I haven't found the forum specific to FxPlug developers so I hope somebody here could help me or at least point to the right direction.

I have a problem with FxOnScreenControl behavior. I'm writing a plugin that displays some controls over video. It works in kFxDrawingCoordinates_OBJECT coordinate space. Things work just fine in FCPX 10.1.4. But if I switch to FCPX 10.2.1 then all coordinates I get in my implementation of FxOnScreenControl are stretched.

The documentation states that with this coordinate space all coordinates should be normalized and be in a range of [0;1], it is so in FCPX 10.1.4, but in FCPX 10.2.1 I get coordinates in a range of [-0.25;1.25] in functions like mouseDragged, mouseDown, mouseUp. At the same time the drawOSC still expects the drawing coordinates to be in the range of [0;1]

I've made a quick test and it looks like mouse coordinates and drawing cordinates lay in the same space if I switch to kFxDrawingCoordinates_CANVAS.

Is it a bug in FCPX 10.2.1 or should there be any ways to normalize the coordinates?

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:26 PM

There are no replies.

FxPlug FxOnScreenControl wrong behavior in FCPX 10.2.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.