Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple took money from me off my debit card from updating free apps!?!?..

I Put my debit card on my iTunes account because I wanted to buy some music I did buy a couple of things and then my debit card expired so, that meant I couldn't update my apps or get new ones until I put another credit card on there so, I put another credit card on there and then I started to update my free apps and get free apps then later on I found out that Apple charged me $14 to update my apps and they were free but I didn't know that until I put another debit card on there when my second one expired and I updated one app to see if it would charge Me and it did! So now I have basically $15 gone for nothing. i just wanna know how to not give them my debit card info when they ask for it!!!

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1, I have the IPod 6th generation 32gb

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 1:40 PM

Are you updating these apps individually? See this support document regarding credit card holds. If you were doing each of them individually, there is generally a $1 hold each time they process a transaction. That will be returned within a couple of days. It is to verify the account. Only difference would be if you had an outstanding balance prior to making these changes. iTunes Store charges on credit and debit card statements - Apple Support

You can contact iTunes support with any other questions. http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Tbandss

Are you updating these apps individually? See this support document regarding credit card holds. If you were doing each of them individually, there is generally a $1 hold each time they process a transaction. That will be returned within a couple of days. It is to verify the account. Only difference would be if you had an outstanding balance prior to making these changes. iTunes Store charges on credit and debit card statements - Apple Support

You can contact iTunes support with any other questions. http://www.apple.com/emea/support/itunes/contact.html

apple took money from me off my debit card from updating free apps!?!?..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.