Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod Shuffle no longer produces any sound, is no longer detected by iTunes and seemingly refuses to charge.

Hello,

At one point, my iPod Shuffle -- fourth generation -- produced a somewhat odd series of "beeping" from my headphones when I tried to listen to music. I'd say each of those beeps were separated by about ten seconds each or so? Then nothing. I assumed it was trying to tell me it was running low on energy, so I went to charge it on my computer next time I could.

What happened when I dod, though, was that the iPod Shuffle didn't give out an orange light to signal it was charging. Instead, it gave out a red, unblinking light that lasted about five seconds, and then nothing. I have no indication it's charging, and iTunes does not detect it anymore, let alone the computer.

I've checked all troubleshooting on the Apple Support page about it, and tried things such as rebooting it and whatnot, but nothing seems to have worked. Now maybe I just didn't do any of those things right or maybe it's so messed up I have to bring it in, but I'd like to keep that last one a last resort. 😟

Is there any way at all I can perhaps fix it? Thank you!

iPod shuffle, Windows 8

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 2:27 PM

There are no replies.

My iPod Shuffle no longer produces any sound, is no longer detected by iTunes and seemingly refuses to charge.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.