Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iCloud Genius Ticket?

Hi, I have just received an email calling itself an Apple iCloud Genius Ticket. The ticket ID it gives is invalid when I put It into Apple and the email wants me to click a link and fill in all my bank and log in details. If I don't do it now, I will be deleted. I can find nothing about it on my Apple account - is this fake? Is this a scam? Please help, I don't know what to do. Thand you very much x

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Hi mommyclanger,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you received an email calling itself an Apple iCloud Genius Ticket that asked for your bank account and Apple ID information. This appears to be a fraudulent "phishing" email. See the advice and information in Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email.

Here's what you can do to forward the fraudulent iCloud email to the right group at Apple:

What to do with suspicious iCloud emails

If you receive a suspicious email, select the message text so that it is highlighted. Choose Forward as Attachment from the Message menu (OS X Mail) or the Actions menu (Outlook). Send the email to abuse@icloud.com. This provides Apple's legal department and law enforcement with useful information to help prevent future phishing emails.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 3:14 PM in response to mommyclanger

Hi mommyclanger,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you received an email calling itself an Apple iCloud Genius Ticket that asked for your bank account and Apple ID information. This appears to be a fraudulent "phishing" email. See the advice and information in Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email.

Here's what you can do to forward the fraudulent iCloud email to the right group at Apple:

What to do with suspicious iCloud emails

If you receive a suspicious email, select the message text so that it is highlighted. Choose Forward as Attachment from the Message menu (OS X Mail) or the Actions menu (Outlook). Send the email to abuse@icloud.com. This provides Apple's legal department and law enforcement with useful information to help prevent future phishing emails.

Best Regards.

Apple iCloud Genius Ticket?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.