Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting logic pro on macbook pro to Clavinova

I am a real novice and don't understand how to connect my logic pro on my macbook pro to my Clavinova CLP 370. I need step by step instructions.

- I have purchased and down loaded logic pro.

- I purchase USB cable, which has a USB plug on both ends.

- I have down loaded Yamaha USB-Midi driver v1.3.2 pkg

I am not sure what to do next as I have connected everything up but can't get it to work.

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 2:44 PM

10 replies

Sep 10, 2017 4:09 AM in response to JC1200

I just connected my old Clavinova to Logic X. I bought a Midi to Usb cable (TIE Studio Midi 1i1o).

My clavinova was bought long time ago - i think around 10 years - so it haven't got a usb- connection.

Be sure to connect as said before - do the "opposite" to what you think is correct

- Midi OUT in clavinova goes to cable connection labeled "IN". and the IN on the clavinova goes with the "OUT" connection on the cable.

Then there is the switch on Clavinova. My clavinova is 10 years old but i think its the same for most . "Midi,Pc-1, Pc-2,MAC". What i read its the "TO HOST" connection för the computer-modes (though different cable). I switched mine to "MIDI" - plugged the usb to my MacPro. It started to blink red - and i opened Logic and could play my Clavinova in Logic pro X.

Hope this is helpful.

This link helped me - it has all kinds of connections explained to clavinova.

"How do I connect the Clavinova to a computer? "

The midi section

(2. Using a MIDI interface device and the Clavinova’s MIDI connectors )

-->

http://www.dannychesnut.com/Music/Yamaha/Clavinova/Information/ComputerConnect/C laviPC_E.pdf

Sep 3, 2015 12:41 AM in response to JC1200

Let's start again.... don't purchase anything just yet.

This Clavinova has two USB hookups, the one you want is called a USB to HOST connection. The cable you need has a standard MIDI connector on one end and a Square type MIDI connector on the other end, can you see the USB to Host connection on the Clavinova?

Read these two Yamaha FAQs

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/ clp_series/clp-370/147/8414

http://faq.yamaha.com/us/en/article/musical-instruments/keyboards/digitalpianos/ clp_series/clp-370/147/3412

If you have the correct USB to HOST MIDI cable then you can follow this procedure.

1. Plug the USB cable into the Clavinova, DO NOT plug it into the computer yet.

2. Install the MIDI driver, after the driver is installed restart the computer.

3. After the computer has settled, (couple of minutes) plug the USB cable from the powered up Clav into the computer. If all goes well the driver will connect the built-in MIDI in the Clav and you will be ready to go.

Is the Yamaha Midi driver v1.3.2 pkg the most recent driver available, make sure it is.

Connecting logic pro on macbook pro to Clavinova

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.