Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm still missing one maibox after rebuilding Mail in ~/Library

I was missing mailboxes and I followed the instructions, found elsewhere, on how to rebuild mailboxes after an upgrade from snow leopard to Yosemite. All is fine except I'm still missing one very important mailbox..! Is there another way to do this...? The next step is probably to ask my internet provider...?

Thanks for any pointers on this.

iMac (20-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 2:45 PM

5 replies

Sep 2, 2015 5:57 PM in response to Richard Novo

Was the mailbox on IMAP or was it a local folder under "On My Mac"?

Look in the User's Library folder** > Mail.

Inside the V2 folder do you see Mailboxes? Look for the missing folder. It could be a subfolder so check inside folders.

Did you backup before upgrading from Snow Leopard to Yosemite? Do you have a Time Machine or other backup of your data?

**Show User's Library

The User's Library folder is hidden by default. To unhide: Select the Finder in the Dock. Under Go in the Menu bar > hold down the Option key and you’ll see the Library.

Finding the User Library Folder

http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/resources/0167/site/chap11.html#FindingtheUserLi braryFolder

Sep 3, 2015 2:22 PM in response to Richard Novo

In the future if you can search for a message that is in a missing folder, you can use these steps to find the missing folder's location,.

When you do a search on a Mailbox, select one of the messages that show up in the search. You’ll see a folder icon in the top right of the message window.

User uploaded file

Double click on the folder icon (Faxes in example). It will open the message in it’s own window. In the top of the message you’ll see the subject. If you hold Control key then click on the title, you’ll see the path. This message is in Account: NH4M > File Box > Faxes

User uploaded file

I'm still missing one maibox after rebuilding Mail in ~/Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.