Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto problem - street contains PO box

I am trying to order some prints on the apple photos app but it says 'street contains a PO box' when I try to insert the shipping address. My address is in the UK and it does not include a street name just a house name, town, county and postcode. Does anyone have this problem/ know how to resolve it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:01 PM

There is a bug apparently is the address had a P followed by an O even if they are not-contiguous it gets upset - re[lace the "O" with a "0" and it should work - and tell apple your problem - https://www.apple.com/feedback/photos.html

LN

11 replies

Sep 3, 2015 12:22 PM in response to LarryHN

OK I have followed the link now. The answer is that the project does not preview properly/ at all. I tried with other previous projects and they all have the option to 'preview book'. However when I click in my current project of prints that I want to send off - nothing happens, no menu or anything unlike with my previous projects. Could this be because the previous proJects were photo books and this one is photo prints? Thank you Larry- any advice for the next step?

Sep 4, 2015 12:05 AM in response to léonie

thanks leonie. Larry suggested that too and it worked and i could put the address even though apple said it was an unknown address. Now my problem is that every time the prints are about 40 per cent loaded it stops and says unable to order, try again later. Any ideas? Or if not does anyone know the best way to contact apple about this problem?

Sep 4, 2015 5:26 AM in response to LarryHN

Good advice - My first suggestion which OP reported worked leading to a second issue that I can not solve - give it a fling now

Half of the discussion was missing when I looked at the thread, Larry. So I did not see your previous answers, sorry.

Larry suggested that too and it worked and i could put the address even though apple said it was an unknown address. Now my problem is that every time the prints are about 40 per cent loaded it stops and says unable to order, try again later. Any ideas? Or if not does anyone know the best way to contact apple about this problem?

Try to narrow down the problem. If creating a preview does not work, try the "File > Print" menu and try to print to a PDF file. It is essential to know, of iPhoto can render a PDF from your photos at all.

Once you are sure, that your particular photos can be printed, try to find out, if your iPhoto Library has a corruption or something else is interfering.

You can check this by exporting your photos and importing them to a different, new iPhoto library.

says unable to order, try again later.

This infamous "Try again later" can be caused by many things. Sometimes your Mac cannot connect to the Print products Store, because a Firewall or Antivirus software is interfering. For example, For example, disable Kaperski or Little Snitch temporarily if you are using custom firewall software.

And incompatible, older system additions can interfere with the connection. Sometimes it helps to restart the Mac in Safe Mode, before you try to order. This will disable non-standard system additions. See this Help document:

Mac OS X: Starting up in Safe Mode

iphoto problem - street contains PO box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.