Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to connect a Canon EOS 40D camera to an iPhone 6S with the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and the phone is telling me the device doesn't support it

In connecting a Canon EOS 40D camera to an iPhone 6S with the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter I get a message that the device doesn't support it; does this mean I can't transfer photos from my Canon camera to my iPhone or am I doing something wrong? I tried it with my iPAd too and got the same message. I thought the whole point of the adapter was to compatible with the 2 devices...

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 4:06 PM

You cannot connect camera directly to any Apple mobile devices. You have to connect to your computer to save photos then sync photos over to your devices.

2 replies

I'm trying to connect a Canon EOS 40D camera to an iPhone 6S with the Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter and the phone is telling me the device doesn't support it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.