Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 - sound drops to half normal

I have experienced a weird anomaly on my iPhone 6. While using Beats Wireless 2 bluetooth headphones, I sometimes experience a drop in volume while in iTunes to about half of what is normal. The volume slider is at full but the volume drops to half. I couldn't figure out was happening or why. I went in to the Apple store and they gave me a new phone. Same problem.

This does not happen when using my Bose wired headphones.

Here's the weird part. During one of those drops, I heard a beep signaling an e-mail had been received and when I went to open the e-mail, the volume went back to 100% as soon as opened the e-mail. ***? I am still experiencing these drops but now I know how to fix it. I send myself an e-mail and soon as I open it, the volume goes back up!

What possible connection could there be? Why is the volume dropping in the first place with Bluetooth? Why would receiving an e-mail fix it?

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, 128 GB

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:34 PM

The problem is in your BT headset, which controls its own volume with internal circuits and amplifiers. Processes on the phone such as opening email can interrupt the BT signal and cause changes in the malfunctioning headset. Get the Beats headset checked out.

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 3:37 PM in response to modular747

Thanks. I mentioned this to the Genius in the Apple store because my Beats one year warranty ran out in August ( I had 2 weeks to go at the time) but he was absolutely clueless. I asked him if they'd replace the headset under Warranty but he said he couldn't do it but he heard they sent them out for repair. H replaced the phone instead. lol

iPhone 6 - sound drops to half normal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.