Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having trouble with syncing music

I have music on my iTunes on my Dell PC that I want to put on my iPhone, but when I try to, it says that the iPhone is synced with another iTunes library on my PC and that an iPhone can only be synced with one iTunes library at a time (I only have one iTunes library), so I will have to erase all my content on my iPhone so that the content can be synced. I don't want to erase the content on my iPhone. Do you have any idea how I can get the songs from my computer to my iPhone without erasing the content?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1, null

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 3:39 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 5:33 PM in response to shanebod

If that is the only iTunes library that you have ever synced with, there should not be an issue. If you backup the phone first and all of your content is already in this iTunes library, even if the phone is erased, you can restore the backup and sync all of your content back again.

But, this still begs the question, is this really the only iTunes library and the only computer that you have ever synced with? That's different than saying that you only have one iTunes library.

If my idea doesn't appeal to you, you could try this. If you are using Apple Music or iTunes Match, this will not work.

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Having trouble with syncing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.