Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an Airport Express that I use to extend the reach of my wi-fi net work. As of today, its light stay only amber and it is not recognized in the Airport Utility. I`ve tried to reset it with no success, no green light at all ....

I have an Airport Express that I use to extend my wi-fi network. As of today, its light stay only amber and it is not recognized in the Airport Utility. I`ve tried to reset it with no success, no green light at all ....

My modem is an Airport Extreme and the internet is working perfectly.

Thanks

Airport Express-OTHER

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 6:56 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 7:08 PM in response to allanps

A solid amber light indicates that the AirPort cannot even get out of start up mode, almost always an indication of a failed internal power supply.

As a last resort, try a factory default reset as follows:

Power off the AirPort and leave it off for a few minutes

Hold in the reset button on the Express first, and keep holding it in for an additional 7-8 seconds while you simultaneously apply the power to the AirPort

Release the reset button after the hold period and allow a full minute for the AirPort to restart

A slow, blinking amber light would be a welcome sight, since this would indicate that the Express has been reset correctly, and can now be reconfigured again.

If the light stays solid amber though, it is time for a new Express

I have an Airport Express that I use to extend the reach of my wi-fi net work. As of today, its light stay only amber and it is not recognized in the Airport Utility. I`ve tried to reset it with no success, no green light at all ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.