Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i recover

how do i recover my previous os with time machine this is my 1st time capsule i have ever owned and i want to know how to recover from time machine i looked for the article on apple but i could not find it please help also can i back up windows using the time capsule

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 5:28 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 10:28 PM in response to Macintosh4579

If you used Yosemite as upgrade over the previous OS and continued the backup via TM I doubt you can go back to the previous OS... Yosemite will have already destroyed it. You can try but I would not recommend it.

The way you recover the whole computer is boot to the main recovery partition and use setup assistant from TM there.

See the instructions from Pondini which are somewhat out of date but still useful.

http://pondini.org/TM/Home.html

Using setup assistant there.

Windows can backup to TC.. load the windows machine with the airport utility as it includes some helpful software.. bonjour for windows and a disk agent to mount the disk.

Windows Backup cannot use network drives in the Home versions.. so just buy a backup utility that works to network.. all commercial ones can.

how do i recover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.