Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rose and Curtis Drummer will not play

Logic 10.2.0

OSX 10.10.5

Any time I create a drummer track I can select any drummer and it will populate the track with the proper effects and drumkit and it works for all drummers in all other sections. In the R&B section, it will even work with Benny but Rose and Curtis seem to be on strike. If I create a virtual instrument and load the drum kit and choose the presets I can manually play the kit so I know the kit has access to the needed samples. Everything seems to populate except the waveforms do not show up. I have attached an image of how it looks and it's not a waveform preview thing because no sound will play from that track and we get no level feedback from that track either.

I have tried going to Download Additional Content it doesn't show anything as missing. I have selected drum kit and forced a re-download. Didn't help.

I have gone to make sure that /Library/Application Support/Logic/Drummer/ has the presets for all the drummers

I have cleared the preference files for Logic

Does anyone know everything I need to delete to get a fresh install for the Drummers?

Or preferably does someone have a simpler solution?

Open to suggestions thanks!

User uploaded file

Logic Pro X, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:08 PM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2015 9:22 PM in response to Scorysto

So using Digital Rebellion Preference Manager to remove the clean the preferences didn't do anything. I went and deleted all the additional content from the computer and made sure it was all missing. I then re-downloaded it. Still no change.

I don't know why I didn't check this before but I checked them in Garage Band and they worked perfectly. This made me think that nothing was wrong with the additional files, but something had to be wrong with LogicX itself. Why only these two drummers would be affected I have no idea.

So I deleted LogicX and re-downloaded the application and now they work just fine. I don't know what inside the actual program could have caused the issue, but deleting it and re-downloading the application fixed it.

Sep 18, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Scorysto

My guess is you weren't actually running the latest version of Logic Pro X even though you had updated it....

What then happened is, when you deleted the app itself and re-downloaded it.. you then got the newest version which of course, then fixed the issue...

Note: This can happen is you have renamed the app... moved the app out of the Applications folder.. or have multiple copies of the App on your system (The wrong one got updated!) and you could have also been using a shortcut to the app and the shortcut was pointing to the different older version still...

Anyhow, glad you got it resolved and thanks for letting us know how...

Rose and Curtis Drummer will not play

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.