Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro 8 Core (Turn on \ No Response from Apps)

Hello Apple Support Community,

Recently, I moved transporting my computer from one apartment to another. Upon setting-up my 8-core Mac Pro system, when I turn the computer on, I am getting no response from any application. I am not even able to run Disk Utility. What can be wrong. It was working fine at the previous location with the exception of not having the internet connected at my new location.

I need your help.

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 5:14 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 6:46 PM in response to City of Los Angeles

Try safe mode (hols down Shift at startup). This does five minutes of Disk Utility (Repair disk [directory]) with progress bar that goes about 1/3 of the way across the screen, then demands your Userid and password to proceed, eve if you normally auto-login.

Very few extensions are loaded. No third-party extension are loaded. The screen may be slow and a few things may not work completely. Everything uses defaults instead of your previous settings. This give you an opportunity to change any of those settings, and to poke around and try things. Changes you make will "stick" provided you take care to close the window and Save Changes. If you have no Wi-Fi that you know you can get on, I suggest you run Wi-Fi off.

You should try to note the differences between this and the way your Mac was working before.

Then restart into normal mode and see if anything is different.

Mac Pro 8 Core (Turn on \ No Response from Apps)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.