Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lexar USB Drive keeps appearing under devices as NO NAME after I just used it for a 3 hour graphic design project.

After spending three long hours on another mac computer in the university computer lab on a difficult project for my graphic design class, I'm now at the point of tears because when I returned to my dorm, I put the USB drive in just to make sure everything was there and for some reason it appeared under devices as "NO NAME". When I clicked on it, it was completely empty. I thought I ejected it properly before leaving the lab, I even waited to make sure I didn't get the notification that I didn't eject it properly (which I didn't) so I assumed I was good. I've restarted my laptop several times but it shows up as the same thing. What on earth did I do?! Is my project gone for good?!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 7:45 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 8:01 PM in response to Aubychan

It is common for a device to be named " NO NAME", especially if it was not created on a Mac. That is not in itself a cause for concern.

When you double-click on it does it open and show you some files?

when you GetInfo on it what does it report?

What shows in About This Mac > More Info > Report > USB (or however it is attached) > the specific drive?

Lexar USB Drive keeps appearing under devices as NO NAME after I just used it for a 3 hour graphic design project.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.