Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos(jpg) to usb - security restriction?

Hi all,

copied over photos to my work laptop from my iPhone 6/ipad air. I am now attempting to transfer over to a usb so can get the photos too. (Essentially want to Place on my own pc) - idiotically I did this on my laptop to save time but now think this was a wrong move given the security we have on it.

I have admin access (elevation tool) which has allowed me to change ownership to "everyone" etc. also attempted sharing to everyone. (So locally all pictures no longer have a little padlock on them)

however on transfer all pics come up as .xml and are essentially corrupt when viewing on a different pc. the moment I transfer the icon reappears on files on the usb and cannot be viewed the moment the files are on a different pc (note when the files are usb on the work laptop the little lock icon on the file, not the folders, reappear).

Clearly there is some security I have not disabled for me allowed to copy... Or something just really obvious that I have not done.

Is there anyway i can use itunes or other software compatible with win 7 to correct the issue?

Cheers in advance for the help.

laptop-OTHER

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 5:58 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2015 6:31 PM in response to BP85

If I ma reading this right, you copied (?how?) your data from your iDevices to your work PC. Your problems thereafter are with your work PC and copying to a USB stick.

It seems to me that a PC is far afield from an Apple issue. I suggest you get with your systems administrator and work things out on the PC side.

ÇÇÇ

Transferring photos(jpg) to usb - security restriction?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.