Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can only copy about 1/2 files from portable hard drive

I'm trying to copy files FROM my portable hard drive (formatted in Windows NT Filesystem) to my Mac. I can copy about 1/2 the files from any given folder before getting error message, "The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50)".

I use this portable hard drive to save files from my and it saves my Mac files there OK. I want to keep it formatted that way cause I use it for my pc too.

I know you're not supposed to be able to write to such a hard drive, but it copies files from the Mac there OK, and I can open files there OK

It seems like you should be able to copy files FROM the hard driver, but it doesn't do it. Help!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 5:50 PM

3 replies

can only copy about 1/2 files from portable hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.